Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge

I'm borrowing this from my buddy Sheena.

I, too, like many others out there, have been stuck in a rut. I'm willing to try this out for a month, and see what turns up. Most importantly, I've got nothing to lose!

---

There, of course, has been lots of criticism and challenges to the scientific validity of these experiments. However, that’s missing the greater point. We’re taught this principle in our churches, encouraged to partake of it in books like The Secret, and given notoriety from people like Oprah if we master it. Why? Because it’s truth. Because it works. There is power in what we say. What we speak comes back to us and transforms us, either for the better or the worst.

I want to be transformed.

I want to see change in myself and in the lives of others.

If you want to join me, you can join in with what I’m doing below.

  1. Write out a list of things that are bothering or insecurities you are dealing with and leave a few spaces between each one.
  2. After each worry or insecurity, write a statement that dictates what is God’s truth, what you want to see come to pass, or what you know is supposed to be happening. Make it as specific as you can to the insecurity so that you have a truth to believe instead.
    *If you can’t think of a scripture, write down something positive. You do not have to be perfect!**If you're not a Christian, don't let this turn you away. Please still participate! We all need more positivity and encouragement in our lives.
  3. Make a commitment to DAILY (even if you skip your morning devotional or work out time, even if you’re late for work and have to do it during your lunch break in the bathroom, or even if you have completely forgotten and have to do it in the car on your way home to work) find a mirror, look yourself in the eyes, and say those truths over yourself. Do not read them. Do not whisper them. Say them clearly to yourself even if you don't believe it.
  4. Do this for 30 days.
  5. Come back and tell me how you feel. I will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment