Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to think I'm in love with Albert. There aren't very many posts on this blog yet, but he's found his way to a fair few.

But I digress...

So let's talk. Let's talk about that decision you've been trying to make, for...oh I don't know....15 years. Yes. That one.

The one we talk about each time we get together. Whether it be over dinner, over drinks, during bowling, or at family gatherings. Yes, that problem/dilemma/situation/inconvenience/issue that just doesn't seem to go away. You know, the one where your sister's boyfriend's uncle's niece said that thing which set you off and now you keep asking yourself if it's true.

Has my repetition become redundant because I'm repeating myself?

Rather annoying, wouldn't you agree? Please take note. We have been having the same conversation for YEARS. And THAT is not an overestimation. I'm not incredibly patient, and my patience grows thinner with each passing day.

And on that day, when I shout from the rooftops that I couldn't care less, know that you have been warned.

Disclaimer: If you take this personally, it's for one of two reasons: a) I'm talking about you or b) You think everything is about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment